SOLVED Microsofts Photastic?

Reaction score
Phototastic which i presume is microsoft software?. Anyway I was as usual playing city skylines, when a sale ad popped
up from this and crashed the game. I looked for and found it in app settings and quickly uninstalled it.
Is this becoming the norm with microsoft installing crap you don't want and showing ads over what ever you're doing?.

Reaction score
It seems to be third party software for collage makers & not a Microsoft app. If the app is free then it’ll offer in-app ads.

Reaction score
Right..I didn't download it, so I assume microsoft put it there in their last update. I haven't download or put any software
on for ages..but thanks for the reply.

Reaction score
The developer is Thumbmunkeys.Ltd.
Does anyone else have access to the PC who may have installed the app?

Reaction score
Right..I didn't download it, so I assume microsoft put it there in their last update. I haven't download or put any software
on for ages..but thanks for the reply.
If Microsoft is going to push third-party apps it probably will be from the Store. But it's entirely possible for Web sites to do it, last week had to clean up a McAfee install that the lady had no idea existed on her computer until starting to get pop-ups about it. She has used Trend Micro for several years.

Reaction score
There's only me using it, but defender never found anything. Doing another full scan. The only thing I've
downloaded is malware bytes.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Full scan by defender revealed Pup and deleted it. Scan afterwards and no threats found..thanks

Ask a Question