Can't access PC after following Microsofts instructions

Reaction score
After getting a BSOD stopcode error I contacted Microsoft on their chatline. I followed their instructions to stop all services and non Microsoft services at start up and now I cant get into my computer. I normally boot to the dektop it boots to a log in screen for my account but I can't get in beyond that. I don't use a password.

Reaction score
I discovered I somehow had to sign in with a Microsoft account, something I have never done in the past. Anyway back in now. Now to work out hy get stopecode: Driver Power State Failure

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Now to work out hy get stopecode: Driver Power State Failure
Start another thread.
Include the details of the error and

First make sure your machine is configured properly to facilitate the collection of .dmp files.
Go to Start and type in sysdm.cpl and press Enter
Click on the Advanced tab
Click on the Startup and Recovery Settings button
Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked
Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box
Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump << where your .dmp files can be
found later.
Click OK twice to exit the dialogs, then reboot for the changes to take effect.
Afterwards you can copy the contents of C:\Windows\Minidump folder to a new folder on your desktop. Zip that up and attach it to your post / thread.

Ask a Question