SOLVED Can't access computer

Reaction score
Hi I turned on my computer today it loaded up as usual when I went to log in, I just have the first screen with pic on and can't get past this. The computer won't go to the log in screen, I have new batteries in the mouse and keyboard, when pushing keys I can see the computer working light flickering, but it won't go past there.
Thanks Daryl

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I think, the first thing that I would try in an attempt to further the diagnostic process is to temporarily connect a USB wired keyboard to the system and see if it produced any different result.

Reaction score
This may sound silly...but if you have a Toshiba the mother board has shown to be defective and sensitive to cold!...I contacted them with the same issue and was told "unplug computer, press and hold down the start button for 30 seconds then plug in again. Problem solved! ( I keep mine covered with pillows at night...and still have to do the process from time to time until I can afford a new computer!)
Don't know if this will work with other brands.
JanBD

Reaction score
Start the computer and when the Windows logo appears, press and hold the power button until the computer shuts down. Do this twice and the third time the computer should boot into the Recovery environment.

Ben

Ask a Question