Can't access the log in screen after win 10 update.

Reaction score
I recently updated Win 10 on my Acer 5600U, all-in-one, which included the latest version of Paint. The next day I couldn't get to password screen to access the computer and it has stayed that way. I can turn it on and that's it. Any ideas on how to fix it.

Reaction score
Thanks,Wolfie. None of the options on the link worked. when I restart the computer while holding the shift key down it brings up the lock screen and will not bring up the password box. I really can't do much else as I can't access thr computer,etc. Thanks for the tips anyway.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Reaction score
I recently updated Win 10 on my Acer 5600U, all-in-one, which included the latest version of Paint. The next day I couldn't get to password screen to access the computer and it has stayed that way. I can turn it on and that's it. Any ideas on how to fix it.
The latest version of Paint [MSPaint] on Win10 is actually called Paint 3D. The 'legacy' version of Paint is in Start button, scroll down to the W section and look in Windows Accessories. Several of the familiar applications have changed and have new names such as Windows Photo Viewer [same location as Paint] is now just Photos.

Reaction score
Sad to report....your AIO PC isn't designed to use windows 10.
https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/4425;-;Aspire 5600U

You can try to use the Acer Recovery Console and reformat PC back to factory....to the day you first open/turned on PC. Press "Alt-F10" on boot to access the recovery console if the computer can't boot into Windows.
http://smallbusiness.chron.com/reset-acer-aspire-one-factory-settings-52657.html

https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/35232
Win 10 came with the computer. Haven't had any problems til now. Thanks for the information.

Reaction score
The latest version of Paint [MSPaint] on Win10 is actually called Paint 3D. The 'legacy' version of Paint is in Start button, scroll down to the W section and look in Windows Accessories. Several of the familiar applications have changed and have new names such as Windows Photo Viewer [same location as Paint] is now just Photos.
Thanks. I am aware of that, my problem is trying to get past the lock screen. It started with Win 10 update ,I think it's called Fall Creators Update or something to that effect. But thanks, I appreciate the info.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Win 10 came with the computer. Haven't had any problems til now. Thanks for the information.
In your very fist post you said and I quote "I just recently updated to windows 10". Do you mean an upgrade or did it update to the latest build version.....from 1703 to 1709?

From the link I posted.....it only comes with windows 7/8/8.1. So did you get this second hand?

Reaction score
You can also try a complete fresh install using a USB stick of W10 with the latest version on it!. If you click on the correct box when installing, you will keep any files you have intact. You don't need to put a licence key number in, just skip that part!.

See the following link and read the part about using the Media Creation Tool:

https://www.windows10forums.com/thr...ws-10-to-the-latest-version.13015/#post-73822 :)

Reaction score
This has happened to me once. I fixed the problem by holding shift, pressing the power button on the login screen, clicking troubleshooting, clicking reset my computer, and clicking delete my files.

Ask a Question