SOLVED Microtek ScanMaker 4850 Driver for Win8.1 and Win10 - Quick fix

ICE

Reaction score
After upgrading from Win 7 to Win 8.1, my Microtek ScanMaker 4850 would not work. After multiple tries in vain and searching every conceivable website and forum, I attempted my own fix and the solution worked, so I can use this on a Win8.1 and Win10 machine.

I uninstalled the old ScanWizard5 software completely, rebooted the pc and reinstalled the original software and the ABBYY Finereader 4.0 package, like a fresh install from the original CD that came with the scanner.
As expected the software would not launch due to unrecognized driver.

Under Device manager I had a yellow warning triangle '!' under IMAGING DEVICES. I selected that and clicked 'Update driver software'. Select 'Browse my computer for driver software', Select 'Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer'. Select Display all devices. Give it a moment to load all drivers.
Here is the trick:
Scroll to CANON, Select Canon 9000F as your driver and proceed to install.

upload_2019-1-18_18-44-39.png

Launch the ScanWizard5 application, lo and behold the scanner scanned in preview mode
upload_2019-1-18_18-45-43.png

Trim the image area and "Scan To"
Below is the final scan result in minimal resolution.

upload_2019-1-18_18-48-1.png

So don't loose sleep over trashing the scanner, bring it back to life. My scanner is nearly 10 years old since WinXP days and still works great.

Attachments

• upload_2019-1-18_18-46-53.png
    upload_2019-1-18_18-46-53.png
    853.2 KB · Views: 592

Ask a Question