My old camera isn't working. Kodak isn't making windows 10 drivers for it, so I .....

Reaction score
I really don't know what to do. I have a basic desktop emachine. I bought it from Walmart 5 years ago. I got the free upgrade to windows 10 about 6 months after it came out. The camera is about 4 years old. It is a Kodak easyshare c1450. I've tried multiple USB cords to make sure it wasn't a bad cord. Windows 10 downloaded drivers for the camera when I first plugged it in, but it doesn't show up any where on my computer. I have another computer that is basically the same. It is another emachine from walmart just a couple years older. Windows 10 went on it about 4 month later. I've tried the camera on it and the same thing happened. Windows 10 said it was installing drivers for the device initially, but once they were installed, I couldn't find the camera any where on the computer. I've spent a lot of time and looked every where for it, but no luck..

Reaction score
I still have the original disk. I tried reinstalling it and tried the compatibility mode for windows 7. That is what was on my computer before windows 10. I'll try what you suggest unless you think I've covered that option already.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Does your camera use a SD card? Does your computer have a SD card reader? If so, as a work around, just remove the SD card from camera and insert it into PC and transfer/copy data that way.

That is the way I do it for all my devices that have a SD card......it's just easier for me.

Reaction score
Some cameras with SD card storage just show up as a removeable disk when you plug them in. Have you checked that?

Reaction score
My camera does have an SD card. My computer doesn't have a slot for the card. I'm going to amazon to look for a SD card to USB adapter. Thanks

Reaction score
I bought a SD port at Best Buy last week for 19.00. The problem was finding it in the store. It was with the cameras and not the computers.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
My camera does have an SD card. My computer doesn't have a slot for the card. I'm going to amazon to look for a SD card to USB adapter. Thanks

They do make portable USB card readers...I also have one of those as well. You never know when you may need one. You can get one for $10.

Reaction score
Yes but you will have to pay more for one wthat reads every format SD card from micro to full size and has USB 3.0 instead of 2.0.

Ask a Question