Nanny MS wins again

Reaction score
Couldn't understand why system image wasn't working on my win 7 laptop. Finally got a message about bitlocker files missing or corrupted. Having no clue what bitlocker files are a search at a Microsoft site said right click libraries and select default libraries. Having an aversion to libraries prefixed with "my' or "public" I had indeed corrupted these entries. Selecting default did fix it.
Once again Nanny MS has helped me decide what I really need not just what I want. Ain't this hi tech stuff fun?

Reaction score
That is why the "My" files are hidden by default. No prob if you cannot see them.

Reaction score
Read a little more about bitlocker files. Since they involve passwords and PINS (dirty words) i'll have no part of them.
From what I saw on my dual boot this is not an issue on OS10.

Reaction score
?? Has that something to do with you unhiding hidden files and changing the names?

Reaction score
If I understood correctly, bitlocker files can be encrypted so that a password or PIN is required to unlock them. Some of this encryption ability resides in BIOS and overall PC capability. I have no use for such security overkill as my PC is basically a scribble pad with nothing of value on it.

If Microsoft wants to obsess about security that's their hangup not mine.

Ask a Question