SOLVED Problem with TiWorker, created HUGE WinSxS folder

Reaction score
After latest WIN Update (KB3213986) TiWorker continued working until I manually stopped it. In the meantime it has created huge folder WinSxS (7.37GB) with 77 783 files in 19 356 folders. All folders are prefixed amd64_ although I have i5.
Can't delete,even when I changed ownership to Administrator.
I have reset SoftwareDistribution folder and run sfc /scannow, then Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image / Restorehealth but no use.
PLEASE help,
Thank you

Reaction score
WinSXS is usually that big and can even grow much bigger. Nothing to worry about. In Windows, no matter which one of the recent systems, amd64 is synonymous for a 64bit system. It does not mean you have a AMD cpu.WinSXS is a windows system folder that cannot be deleted and is essential for windows to work. The one I have on my computer is a little over 8Gb in size and I have only the programs I really need on it.This folder can grow as I have seen already up to 15-20GB, depending on how many programs are installed.

Reaction score
Thank you, Grizzly. this is a relief. My problem is solved. However I never noticed that WinSxS has grown to this size, it currently occupies more than 7% of C:
Is there a chance to shrink it a bit after removing some unnecessary programs?

Reaction score
I do not know about that but if you find a way to shrink it, let me know....

Ask a Question