SOLVED New PC

Reaction score
Wow! This topic certainly sparked some interest LOL.
I Just spoke with my Grandson, cost was a factor for not choosing an i7 CPU and a 1080 video board.
He uses the machine for gaming only and says it will take everything he throws at it and he's happy with its performance. Much to my limited knowledge, he said the i7 has hyper threading and when it comes to gaming there is little difference (other than cost) between the i5, i7 CPUs. o_O

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
There's a big difference with CPU's and games....as some games are more demanding from the CPU and others from the GPU. The i5 is a respectable CPU for gaming. As long as he is happy with it, that's all that matters.

On a plus side, that PC is easily up-gradable.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
I would still like to see a link to the actual PC to see the case and all the rest of the hardware. I'm curious as to mobo form factor and ease of future hardware upgrades.

Reaction score
good point. A Z270 mobo could be upgraded to an I7 if ever required...plug and play almost.

I think that Z270 Mbos are generally ATX but maybe there are smaller form factors. One thing about the case is whether it has enough room for one of these really long video cards and space for the water radiator(s)

Reaction score
good point. A Z270 mobo could be upgraded to an I7 if ever required...plug and play almost.

I think that Z270 Mbos are generally ATX but maybe there are smaller form factors. One thing about the case is whether it has enough room for one of these really long video cards and space for the water radiator(s)

Now wouldn't an i7 processor make a fine Christmas gift.

Reaction score
HD monitor, he's more than happy with what he currently has. As mentioned earlier, he said it will take everything he throws at it. The graphics in today's video games have improved immensely.