Outlook 2016 on my Windows 10

Reaction score
I am having challenges running my Outlook 2016 on my Windows 10. I get an error message which says:

"Outlook cannot log on. Verify you are connected to the network and are using the proper server and mailbox name. The Microsoft Exchange information service in your profile is missing required information. Modify your profile to ensure that you are using the correct Microsoft Exchange information service."

When I click OK, i get this response:

"Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. The set of folders cannot be opened. The information store could not be opened."

I am able to make outlook run temporarily by going to Control Panel, create a new email profile name, but whenever I log out and log-in or restart, this error comes up again and it will require me to create another new profile before I can get outlook to run again. This practice has led to me having multiple profiles in my outlook email account. Please i will be glad to have someone help me with a solution to this issue. Our in-house IT guys are yet to find a way to resolve this.

Thank you.

Reaction score
You may be using, by mistake, a profile which you have, say, on your mobile.
Try this. Open up the old control panel (Its down in the windows system folder of start).
Change the view to small icons and select the item for Mail - outlook
In the next window, select "Show profiles". I think you will find there is more than one. If so, select the one which is in your opinion, the appropriate for MsOutlook and make it the default.
Restart the computer and see if it is successful.

Ask a Question