Panasonic Tv

Reaction score
I have a smart panasonic tv, since upgrading to win10, i cannot stream music from my pc. The tv shows the media file but it will not play it. Windows 7 worked fine. I have looked at permissions and sharing options, interesting my photo collection stored on the pc and played back via the tv works fine. Any ideas would be welcome.

Reaction score
Presumably you are connected HDMI?
Have you done a right click on the speaker icon and then clicked on Playback devices? It should show your inbuilt audio and your TV. It MIGHT show the name of your video card or the name of the TV. Select that and go through the properties and configure stuff.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
i cannot stream music from my pc
Might imply a network attached device.
Check the network and sharing center -> All Networks -> Choose media streaming options (link)
The default settings will likely work for you, but...
You may have to select your PC and your TV and customize the settings if they have been altered previously.
Additionally, if you have a third party security suite, especially one that contains a firewall component then you may also have to tweak it to support media streaming.
AND
IF you have disabled or set "Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service" to manual you will have to set it back to automatic and start it before you can fix your streaming problem.

Reaction score
Presumably you are connected HDMI?
Have you done a right click on the speaker icon and then clicked on Playback devices? It should show your inbuilt audio and your TV. It MIGHT show the name of your video card or the name of the TV. Select that and go through the properties and configure stuff.
The tv is not shown in the playback device, i have a netgear router next to the computer, then down stairs a buffalo bride router, the tv is connected to the bride router with a network cable, the hdmi cables connect the tv to the surround system, i can see all my music from the tv that is stored on the computer in the public folder, which is shared by everyone on the network

Reaction score
Might imply a network attached device.
Check the network and sharing center -> All Networks -> Choose media streaming options (link)
The default settings will likely work for you, but...
You may have to select your PC and your TV and customize the settings if they have been altered previously.
Additionally, if you have a third party security suite, especially one that contains a firewall component then you may also have to tweak it to support media streaming.
AND
IF you have disabled or set "Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service" to manual you will have to set it back to automatic and start it before you can fix your streaming problem.
Thanks for reply, i will work though your suggestions, my security is kapaski. Not sure how i access media player services but i am sure the help menu will give me the answer, thanks for your replies

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Not sure how i access media player services
Right click the start button and choose run and in the run dialog box simply type
services.msc
hit enter or click OK.
Scroll down to Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service. Double click it and check that it is started and set to automatic.

Reaction score
Tried every thing suggested but nothing seems to work, maybe i wait for a windows update or go back to windows 7

Reaction score
still puzzled, I found windows media player network, it was set to automatic delayed start, so i have set it to automatic, the media sharing then switches off, so i switch back on again and the media player net work goes back to automatic delayed start. Its driving me nuts!

Reaction score
Still cannot sort out media sharing, my friend has the same issue with a samsung smart tv, he can use the tv as a media player for his photo collection stored on the pc, but as with me music will not play, everything worked okay with windows 7 but not since upgrading to windows10

Ask a Question