Password Paranoia

Reaction score
I don't seem to be alone when I see posts about mandatory updates or account ownership. In my case I despised passwords until I learned how to run netplwiz in 8.1 and thankfully it transferred to 10 in the update.
Now I see in 10 a notice that " you need to verify your identity on this pc". I wouldn't think of touching that. Who wants to know? Why? This is my pc and I will decide what is so important that it is a life or death issue.
For what it's worth my pc is nothing more than a scratch pad that I scribble on. I used to be into pickup trucks and now it's computers. I consider myself an absolute novice since I am old enough to remember when telephones were party line with hand crank ringers. I have been through the hassle of a Microsoft account and didn't like it. There is nothing in that wonderful store that interests me. I have developed my own definition of the wonderful abbreviation "app". It is a commercial which always leads to a subscription service. Is my advanced age showing? Yes of course it is. Comments or condemnation invited.

Ask a Question