SOLVED PLEASE HELP! I have a strange running process (MidnightBlueByte).

Reaction score
No, I have no pops up just the process sitting there and doing nothing. This is my first time when I clicked on that site so no I don't think i got it from that Dos site. Is there any way to force delete the process from cmd or something ? Taskkill /f did work but the process gets back up. And how can I change the start-up from automatic to manual in service if the option is not clickable ?
I think the contributers here are waiting for feedback on the suggestions.
1. Have you tried safe mode and then delete or
2. the “take ownership” reg and then see if you can delete the folder, or cripple it by changing the name of a couple of the itrms in the folder. A good one would be to look for the •••.exe and add, at the end, .bak

Reaction score
Ok so for EVERYONE who was wondering if I did scan my pc, here are the logs for MalwareBytes, Adwcleaner, Avast and HitmanPro:
For Avast I didn't found the log but it didn 't find any problems.

Attachments

• LOG_MB.txt
    1.2 KB · Views: 105
  • AdwCleaner[S00].txt
    4.3 KB · Views: 116
  • AdwCleaner[C00].txt
    4 KB · Views: 125
  • HitmanPro_Log.txt
    18.1 KB · Views: 112
Reaction score
Ok so:
I somehow managed to delete the folder with the Revo Uninstaller and the folder+process is gone. Now I'm going to restart the computer to make sure the process doesn't install itself back.
Thank you all advance but especially Bastet for coming up with the idea. I still don't know what that application was and what it did exactly...
Edit: I deleted the process form services.msc so now is fine. Problem Solved.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi Kappa69,

please mark the thread as solved so it helps others. Great to hear you solved it. :)

Reaction score
I had a similar problem awhile back and it was a beast to get rid of the offending program. What I did was first create a restore point in case I mucked it up so don't forget that step!
I noted first the exact file name of the running program and the running processes. That took a bit of sleuthing to find the running process as it wasn't obvious from the name what it was. As I recall I enabled view all processes and found it buried in the system files instead of in the program files where I expected it to be.
I then followed the path to the executable and opened that file location. I made note of everything within the folder. Then I restarted the computer in safe mode since like your issue the offending program kept popping right back open as soon as I forced it closed and safe mode was the only way I could find to prevent that from happening.
In safe mode I was able to find the program and the associated process. I was able to stop both, delete them and uninstall the program while in safe mode. Then I went back and deleted the folder the program was in.
Last step was the scary part. I went into the registry editor and found every file associated with the program and manually deleted it from the registry. That took some time as there were several and some of the .dll files were scattered around in places I didn't expect to find them.
Finally I restarted my computer in regular mode and crossed my fingers. It actually worked!
Last step was deleting the restore point I made before starting this so I didn't accidentally restore the offending program and have to start back at square one. I created a new restore point that I knew would wouldn't revert back to before I removed the program if something else went wrong.
Of course that was awhile ago and I wasn't running Win 10, heck I think it might have been as far back as Win7 so I am honestly not sure if the same steps would even work now.

ETA: I see after I posted you already solved it! Glad it's all working now. I'll leave the rest of my post intact in the off chance it helps somebody else

Last edited:

Ask a Question