SOLVED PLEASE HELP! I have a strange running process (MidnightBlueByte).

Reaction score
Hello!
For a few weeks now I have had a program in Task Manager called MidnightBlueByte. I searched the internet for an answers but I didn't find anything and I'm afraid that this running process could be a virus. I tried to uninstall it but it said it was "File In Use". In File Explorer the application is inserted in "C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Common Files \ ProgramRabbitechnologiesBFO" in the form of ProgramRabbitechnologiesBFO. Is it a virus or not? And if it's one, how can I delete it.
Any ways to solve this are welcome!
Thx in advance!

Capture1.PNG

Capture.PNG

Capture3.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Reaction score
I would post in the malware removal forum as it is suspicious.
It sounds like a potential browser hijacker or unsafe search engine.
Can you uninstall it?

Reaction score
@Kappa69 : you seem to be the only one that has this program on the computer. All I was able to find, was your post on Malwarebytes forum (have you followed the directions given there yet??)

Since it has an uninstaller, I would try that first. Unfortunately there is not much Info about that available so help will be sparse.

Reaction score
Hi @Kappa69
Firstly, End task the process on task manager and go to services.msc to make sure it doesn't run automatically. After that, you will be able to remove it by using that uninstaller.

Reaction score
I would post in the malware removal forum as it is suspicious.
It sounds like a potential browser hijacker or unsafe search engine.
Can you uninstall it?
Ye sorry about that i didn't actually saw that topic.
No i can't i did try to delete it but it doesn't let me to do.

Reaction score
@Kappa69 : you seem to be the only one that has this program on the computer. All I was able to find, was your post on Malwarebytes forum (have you followed the directions given there yet??)

Since it has an uninstaller, I would try that first. Unfortunately there is not much Info about that available so help will be sparse.
I also posted on that forum because I wanted to get as many answers as possible.
I tried to use the uninstaller but is useless it deleted some other app but idk what actually did (to uninstall it, he didn't).

Reaction score
Hi Kappa69,

have you actually run your Anti Virus app and did it return anything?.

Did you follow the advice from @Radipta in post number 4 about checking to see if it is running at start-up?. Have you checked in Task Manager > Start-up to see if it is starting with the system?. ;)

Reaction score
Hi @Kappa69
Firstly, End task the process on task manager and go to services.msc to make sure it doesn't run automatically. After that, you will be able to remove it by using that uninstaller.
Ok so i tried to end its task but it appears back after I do. In service.msc i could not find the process.

Reaction score
Hi Kappa69,

have you actually run your Anti Virus app and did it return anything?.

Did you follow the advice from @Radipta in post number 4 about checking to see if it is running at start-up?. Have you checked in Task Manager > Start-up to see if it is starting with the system?. ;)
No, in start-up there is not the app. I scaned with Malwarebytes and Spyhunter 5 and no results.

Reaction score
Btw it could not be a virus cuz it does not affect my pc in any ways so idk what to say on google no one heard about this app.

Reaction score
And I have another problem too. Malwarebytes keep getting at scan results Adware..SpecialSearchOffer and everytime i try to quarantine and delete it; to the next scan it appears again at scan result...I just don't know what to do.

Reaction score
Maybe you should enter safe mode first. I would like to help you with TeamViewer because I need to know the detailed situation. Please PM me on my WhatsApp: +62-812-2726-7195 (Ofc, free).

Reaction score
It seems, from your first post, that it is derived from programrabbittechnology.
see if that is under your startup tab, under the task managger. If so disable it, restart, and then delete it.
you can also see if there is such a process in services.msc, and ztop it there.

Reaction score
It seems, from your first post, that it is derived from programrabbittechnology.
see if that is under your startup tab, under the task managger. If so disable it, restart, and then delete it.
you can also see if there is such a process in services.msc, and ztop it there.
I searched in the task manager-startup and it is not there but in service.msc it is. I tried to stop it but it won't me. If I can't end task in services and in Task Manager if I try to end it, appears back.

Reaction score
Right click it and select "properties"
Click on thr "startup type" and select "disabled" from there.

Reaction score
Right click it and select "properties"
Click on thr "startup type" and select "disabled" from there.
As I wrote above I can't change anything from there..no option can be changed and I can't kill the process.

Capture4.PNG

Ask a Question