SOLVED Help re Win 10 Home / Win 10 PRO network please

Reaction score
Hi, I wonder if anyone can help me please. I have two windows 10 machines connected by ethernet and a router. The PRO PC can see files etc in the other PC but the Win 10 Home PC cant access the Win 10 PRO PC via the network. When I attempt to connect to the Win 10 PRO machine I get one of the se messages
  1. Access denied or
  2. it asks for a user login and password ( I know the user name and password but it doesn't accept the information)
  3. Windows cannot access \\NMichelle (name of PRO PC )

Any help would be appreciated .

Many thanks

Mike

Reaction score
Thanks Wolfie, I will look a t this article. Ive tried numerous fixes but it seems my Win 10 Home machine is the culprit as I get the same error in trying to access the laptop too over the wifi

Reaction score
The article referred to workgroups which arent in win 10 now so didnt help unfortunately. The error message is as attached. Help please!!

Attachments

• Doc1.pdf
    160.5 KB · Views: 199
Last edited:
Reaction score
Reaction score
The article referred to workgroups which arent in win 10 now so didnt help unfortunately. The error message is as attached. Help please!!
Did you also check that the name is spelt correctly on the target computer?. :)

Reaction score
I updated my two networked PC's with the 2004 update and can now see both machines.
What possibly seemed to help was ensuring in network sharing " ...password required to off "
1591530563567.png

one of the win 10 updates seems to automatically switch this setting back to "..password required" even if you go back into it to check its status.

Ask a Question