SOLVED Need help windows 10 home

Reaction score
Need help guys I'm running windows 10 home, and for some reason don't know why, from 1st Nov it all changed it is now running windows 10 Enterprise, and I have a message in the corner of screen saying activate windows. It is only myself that uses desktop pc Acer. I have not done anything or tried to update. and I have my original activation number but it won't let me change. even restore only go's back to 1st Nov. I am not very tech savvy with computers so any help or suggestions would be most helpful. Ed

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
If I had to guess I'd say your PC has been compromised......whether inadvertently or not. The first thing I'd do is "Reset" my PC using the windows built in method and not keeping anything.

Or more preferably, A clean install using MS MCT on a USB.

Reaction score
Agreed, somehow your machine has been "Upgraded" and now needs to connect to a server to validate. The Education version may show the same issue.

I had that happen just a couple of weeks ago trying to use a Win8.1 Ultimate Product Key to upgrade to Win10 Pro and got Enterprise instead but fortunately also had a Win8.1 Pro key not in use but had to do a clean install to get fully away from the Enterprise install.

Ask a Question