Received Windows 10 Pro Promotional code, need help installing.

Reaction score
So, I've got a Windows 10 Pro promotional code, trying to update from Windows 8, not 8.1...windows 8. Cant seem to install windows 8.1 for free.... Directions are as follows...

1. Visit windows.com/windows10nfr - We'll walk you through the installation.

2. Enter your key.

My issue is, that webpage no longer exist. And unfortunately the number to call microsoft support is useless and I keep getting automated responses.

Thanks in advance =(

Also, Im having a 100% disk issue, so if anyone has an answer for that as well, it'd help.

Reaction score
Let try to remember exactly how I did this, Seems to me that if you use MCT let it create a USB install media.
The with the USB plugged in click on Install.exe, This should start an upgrade install and when it asks for your Windows Key plug in your Promotional code.

Not sure what you mean by a promotional code, is this a windows 10 upgrade Key the above should work if the key is a good key

No idea what you mean 100% disk issue, do you need a new disk? is it 100% Full, is it failing? you'll have to describe this issue a little clearer. I wouldn't attempt to install windows 10 on a disk that is not 100% working

Reaction score
I have not, personally, ever heard of a promotional code for Windows 10 Pro. Occasionally, in the past, there have been earlier promo codes for the home releases. These normally gave big discounts, but not totally free.

Ask a Question