Received an Email from Microsoft

Reaction score
This morning I received an email which showed coming from Microsoft ((e-mail address removed)) Subject: What is the Windows 10 free upgrade offer? I was just wondering if this can be verified to be a valid email from Microsoft. I am a valid Windows 7 SP1 user so it maybe something they sending out. There are links in the email but I did not click on them and won't until I can confirm this is not some sort of SPAM. I have never received this type of email from them before. Your help would be appreciated.

Reaction score
I'd be wary of it John. I never check on links in an email unless I'm absolutely certain of its origin. You can look at the properties of the mail to get some idea of its origin but I still wouldn't trust it. You can open your browser and type in the URL yourself if you want to check out the referenced site. Windows 10 is apparently being offered free to Windows 7 and 8 users. You should be able to find lots of references posted on the net.

Reaction score
It is a legit Email. At some time you must have agreed to subscribe to the news briefs. If you would prefer, you can scroll to the bottom of the mail and click the "contact" link and unsubscribe.

Ask a Question