Windows Update Failure, Missing and disabled drivers, SystemSettings.exe crash,etc. Need help please

Reaction score
I have Microsoft Windows 10 Home. Version10.0.16299. OS Build(15063.726)

In System Info x86-based PC. In System 32-bit O.S. x64 based processor. Intel Core 2 Duo [email protected]. It said Baseboard Model-Not Available. Nvidia Quadro NVS 135M. Installed Physical Memory(RAM) 4.00 GB Total Physical 3.50 GB Adapter RAM 128.00 MB Virtual Memory 4.12 GB System SKU is just not there,have a lot of stuff missing.

Dell Latitude D630 Laptop. Windows Specifications-Version 1709.

I have a lot of problems. Don't know what most of this means but didn't look right:Says Secure Boot State--Unsupported. PCR7 Configuration--Binding not possible.

Other night I had 3 hours of Error Reporting--Windows Update Failure.Bluetooth Drivers are in System Information in Software Environment and in my IOS files, but are nowhere where I or my PC can find or use. Tells me not available or supported but I used to have it. Would like to get it back and fix PC but have to do it for free, no money.

On a previous clean start of Win 10 had Hidden Administrator on it. Still got him even though I've restored and reset and gotten fresh installation. He's still in there and it goes back and forth sometimes.When I do a cleaning sometimes it will go to his account and it has very few junk files to clean like a brand new account.

The other night it started over on me and ended up putting MSN, Outlook, Microsoft, and Microsoft Edge all on Internet Explorer, all start screens & accounts, and Microsoft Edge had nothing on it. Not even Edge.Windows store got reset, I lose that for a bit all the time.

All of these things are disabled:Tile Data model server-Time Broker-Win Defender Antivirus Net-Win Defender Antivirus Service-Windows HTTP Web Proxy-X-Box game monitor-Connected Devices Platform-Devices Flow 28bc 1-Messinging Service-Sync Host-Contact Data-Print\Workflow-User Data Storage-User Data Access-Win Push Notification.Got SystemSettings.exe-WinStoreApp.exe-ShellExperienceHost.exeSearchUI.exe.etc.floating around.

Sorry so long, but could go on. Any advice or tips that are free would be greatly appreciated.Other than a fresh installation, cuz I'm still gonna have Hid Admin hanging around making new accounts & stuff.Gone through at least 3 restores with him. Can't shake him. Thank You

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Isn't that system fairly old. I have an Inspiron 600m which I got in 2004. The older they are the more trouble you can have with them.

If you get a chance, could you edit your post and add some paragraphs? It is very hard to follow the way it is.

Reaction score
in addition make sure you post the right build. You have either 16299 in the build 251 (which is the Fall Creator Upgrade 1709) or you have the 15063.726 which is the Creators upgrade 1703 (and you are behind on the updates)
Your laptop does not support Secure Boot therefore no PCR7 binding (whatever that means, I only know that belongs together).
The other errors I do not know what is going on as I have not seen that yet. Looked in my PC:

Tile Data model server- should be running
Time Broker- should be running
Win Defender Antivirus Net-should be running
Win Defender Antivirus Service-should be running
Windows HTTP Web Proxy-should be running
X-Box game monitor-
Connected Devices Platform-should be running
Devices Flow 28bc 1-
Messinging Service-
Sync Host-
Contact Data-
Print\Workflow-
User Data Storage-
User Data Access-
Win Push Notification.should be running

everything else is off as in NOT RUNNING

cuz I'm still gonna have Hid Admin hanging around making new accounts & stuff.

sound like you have some malware on your PC.

That is all I found so far....

It may not be too far fetched to make a fresh install....

Reaction score
Isn't that system fairly old. I have an Inspiron 600m which I got in 2004. The older they are the more trouble you can have with them.

If you get a chance, could you edit your post and add some paragraphs? It is very hard to follow the way it is.
How do I edit my post? Can I? New to all of this

Reaction score
In response to my previous thread Windows Update Failure/Missing and disabled drivers... It has had Malware, Viruses, etc on it.
Have done Restore, reboot, restart, fresh installation of Windows, just about everything but going back to Windows 7 or a Factory Reset. Will either of those options have any effect? Avast and Windows Defender have removed and quarantined lots of viruses.
The damage is done. Is there a free way to reverse the damage like maybe deleting and making new users or apps and stuff like that or is it irrereversible? Also inadvertantly inspected element so think I have reverse hack going on too and do not know if it can be fixed or not. Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Reaction score

Can I edit my post?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Can I edit my post?
There's a time limit on editing posts (2 hours, I think - it helps prevent spammers from editing links in to old posts). I've added paragraphs manually for you :).

Reaction score
Update on Windows Update Failure,Missing and disabled drivers,SystemSettings.exe crash.
On posting right build:In System Information in Administrative Tools it says:Version-10.0.16299 Build-16299/and says Other OS Description---Not Available.
In Windows Update in O.S. Build these are the Windows Specifications:Version 1709 O.S. Build 16299.248 and just did another clean installation of Windows and says my device is up to date.
Windows Update is back to normal. All services that were disabled are back. But in System Info. says on Data Encryption Support-Reasons for failed automatic device encryption:TPM is not usable. PCR7 binding is not supported. Hardware TPM is not usable.
And in Startup Event Trace Session located in Performance Monitor that: Data Market\Microsoft-Windows-Setup\NBSMBLOGGER\PEAuthLog\RdrLog\Setup Platform\Setup PlatformTel\Spooler Logger\TCPIPLOGGER\WFP-IPsec Trace\ and WiFi Driver HVSession services are all disabled.
And finally in Task Manager-Details SearchUI.exe 4852 & SecHealthUI.exe 5876 are suspended.
Any idea how to get those back or why all those exe get suspended.
Thank You for any help.

Reaction score
You are looking at logs most people do not see. I doubt your system even has a TPM so any comments regarding that are irrelevant. I have an ASUS X99 motherboard and no TPM and MSinfo32 shows the same messages.

Many services are run in a suspended mode when not being used.

If you have problems with Windows Update, you can create a WindowsUpdate.log which may be very helpful.

Ask a Question