My Dell screen went black after Windows update. Turned it off, back on, let me sign in, that's it. Help!

Reaction score
Suggest you try, boot to USB media, then select repair move thru into COMMAND Prompt. and try this:
rstrui.exe /offline:C:\windows (enter)
this will to use the Restore image if you set. If you never set a restore point then.
you can try. Dell Recovery. option.
if you never set that option.
To reset Windows 10 with "Reset this PC", follow the instructions below:

Type “systemreset -cleanpc” in an elevated command prompt and press "Enter". (If your computer cannot boot, you can boot into recovery mode and select "Troubleshoot", and then choose "Reset this PC".)

Reaction score
If your Windows 10 PC reboots to a black screen, just press Ctrl+Alt+Del on your keyboard. Windows 10’s normal Ctrl+Alt+Del screen will appear. Click the power button at the bottom-right corner of your screen and select “Restart” to restart your PC.

If this solution doesn’t help fix a PC with a black screen, here are some other potential solutions:

• Use the Win+Ctrl+Shift+B hotkey combination to restart your PC’s graphics drivers. This may fix some problems.
  • Forcibly shut down your PC—you’ll lose all work if you do this, but sometimes it’s your only option. To do this, press and hold your PC’s physical power button until it shuts down. Wait a few seconds and then press the power button to turn it back in.
  • Make sure your keyboard and mouse are connected to your PC and have battery power—seriously! Your PC may just show a black screen if it turns down the display for power-saving mode. There’s a chance your keyboard is unplugged or your mouse lost battery power and your PC can’t receive the input.
I hope this helps!
Regards.

Reaction score
If your Windows 10 PC reboots to a black screen, just press Ctrl+Alt+Del on your keyboard. Windows 10’s normal Ctrl+Alt+Del screen will appear. Click the power button at the bottom-right corner of your screen and select “Restart” to restart your PC.

If this solution doesn’t help fix a PC with a black screen, here are some other potential solutions:

• Use the Win+Ctrl+Shift+B hotkey combination to restart your PC’s graphics drivers. This may fix some problems.
  • Forcibly shut down your PC—you’ll lose all work if you do this, but sometimes it’s your only option. To do this, press and hold your PC’s physical power button until it shuts down. Wait a few seconds and then press the power button to turn it back in.
  • Make sure your keyboard and mouse are connected to your PC and have battery power—seriously! Your PC may just show a black screen if it turns down the display for power-saving mode. There’s a chance your keyboard is unplugged or your mouse lost battery power and your PC can’t receive the input.
I hope this helps!
Regards.
Thank you, I did exactly what you suggested and got the following message: Upper corner of screen says RUN DLL. Then: There was a problem starting C: Windows System32 LogiLDA.DLL. Access Denied. What in the world is that?

Reaction score
Thank you, I did exactly what you suggested and got the following message: Upper corner of screen says RUN DLL. Then: There was a problem starting C: Windows System32 LogiLDA.DLL. Access Denied. What in the world is that?
LogiLDA.dll is a file that belongs to the Logitech download assistant, which is needed when your Logitech software has an update available. I usually disable this permanently in "autostart" (see 'TASKMANAGER' -> "STARTUP" Tab) as I usually do not use the Logitech Software.

Reaction score
The latest Windows update has caused that.
Basically, it means your hardware is temporarily incompatible with Windows.
It is a fault with Windows and not with DELL.
Wait until patches are released for your device by Microsoft.

If possible boot into WIndows from the safe mode with networking and use your device that way for time being.

Reaction score
uninstall the logitech updater, that is the only issue. and MS tells you NO 3d party AV, No 3d party security programs, uninstall all that, and if WinDefender says bad, then uninstall, then complete the update. LogiLDA is software not hardware

Ask a Question