SOLVED Should I Use the DELL Clean Install or Windows TEN

Reaction score
Good afternoon, Should I Use the DELL Clean Install If so how do I use it? ( See clip att) I have all these DELL folders or Partitions I am going to use a USB
or
Windows TEN Method, Thanks For Your help Regards Dazzla
File Managear Dell Recovery Or Clean Install Method Please --23-03-2020Capture.jpg Windows 10 -- 1909 --- V - 18363.720

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi Dazzla,

normally when you want to recover a system using the OEM recovery partition, you would press one of the F keys like F7 or F11, this varies from OEM to OEM.

In the recovery partition is also a driver folder for your computer model so you may want to copy that folder and back it up so you have all the original drivers!.

Once Windows 10 is installed and activated, it has a digital licence signature and you don't need a licence key as long as you don't swap out the motherboard.

You can choose to use the recovery option provided by your computers OEM or use a USB stick but make sure you choose the right partitions when doing a fresh install otherwise you may lose important files on the secondary partitions that you may want/need!. :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
IMHO. Dell clean install is only a secondary method for installing the original OEM.
I read you small message and, of the choices, in view of all the wasted space with partitions on your HD, I would make a clean install from your USB ISO. In the initial process, wipe the whole HD and start over. I am a Dell user, and that has been my procedure. I have never looked back and regretted losing the Dell partitions.
Only one other proviso. Was this an upgrade from the original OEM (Win//8?) ?, or are you refreshing your already installed Windows 10?

Reaction score
IMHO. Dell clean install is only a secondary method for installing the original OEM.
I read you small message and, of the choices, in view of all the wasted space with partitions on your HD, I would make a clean install from your USB ISO. In the initial process, wipe the whole HD and start over. I am a Dell user, and that has been my procedure. I have never looked back and regretted losing the Dell partitions.
Only one other proviso. Was this an upgrade from the original OEM (Win//8?) ?, or are you refreshing your already installed Windows 10?
Thanks to you Both as far as I know These DELL folders came pre-installed with this PC when I bought it and has all the usual Updates from MS as you can see by the Version number's here ---> Win 10 Windows 10 -- 1909 --- Version - 18363.720 So if you mean I should Copy this Forums CLEAN Install to a USB the Delete everything off C;\\ and except the WD HDD passport "Backup" AND the DELL drivers then I can just plug and Play? Thanks Again:)

Reaction score
A fail safe way is to get hold of an image program Eusus todo and Macrium are recommended and free. Make an image of your entire structure from disk 0 to your external.

You can then experiment by , in the first instance, wiping the entire drive and making a clean install. That would be my choice, but you may get better suggestions from other members.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Agree with davehc.
Image and Clean install all the way.
Avoid any bloatware in the factory OEM partition by just prepping the installation media from the ISO direct from Microsoft.

I'd probably disconnect any other disk drives and just go with the intended OS host drive.
Connect the others after the install is finished.

Reaction score
Firstly "Noob Whisperer" In appreciation of Your Signature above: " AMEN "
Thanks, Guy's I will take away what you have given to me and work out how to use it? thank you both very much .Kindest Regards Dazzla

Reaction score
I’ve always preferred to take a backup of Favorites, documents, pictures, videos and downloads as well as the desktop. Then do a complete reinstall using the Microsoft installer. This eliminates all the junk that comes with a new machine. Everything seems to run more efficiently. IMHO. I tried to reset keeping files and it simply doesn’t work as well for me. Of course programs will need to be reinstalled. I’ve also found that Windows 10 has a vast array of drivers already and quickly updates to the latest versions.

Reaction score
Just do a clean install, drop all the Dell crap, its just taking space and slowing puter down. At win10 install, choose to remove every partition on the OS disk, then create a new fresh one for your OS.

Ask a Question