SOLVED Should I keep using malware hunter with defender?

Reaction score
i mean is it essential that i have all the protection i need with malware hunter running alongside defender? i feel defender isnt enough to eradicate potentially harmful adware/malware. the program was a paid free giveaway btw.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
As long as they seem to get along I see no reason why not.
I myself run Malwarebytes Pro alongside Defender.

Like belt and suspenders.

Reaction score
It doesn't get great ratings. Running malwarebytes free once a day would probably be a better choice. I've seen mixed reviews on how effective malware hunter is though. I think it's ok to run with defender. I don't know if I'd run it with 3rd party AV though.

Reaction score
hi all thx for replies...the situation is moot, i have already removed that program and have gone back to norton which is supplied free by my isp. i have used it in the past an am comfortable with it. cheers

Reaction score
Norton is never free. It still bogs down the computer after a while cause it still digs itself so deep in the system that after a while the computer slows down to a crawl. I am just working on one from a friend. He had Norton on it for years (paid version) and the computer was so slow. After uninstalling Norton the computer came back to life. IMHO Norton has not really improved over the last 20 years that I do not use Norton (as everything that has a yellow box).
It may not be the case on your computer though....

Reaction score
well this version of norton (essentials) is a full version that normally cost over 60 dollars -free from comcast, so i said "why not..go for it" i feel defender even with malware hunter running alongside it wasnt enough to help keep me safe. i think norton has improved on some areas, like when definitions need updating, when it connects to their servers there was always a connection issue where i was forced to do remote assistance, but this time all is well. ill hang onto it for a bit. sometimes ill browse giveaway sites that might offer free paid anti viruses like sharewareonsale and giveawayoftheday and several other sites and may give some a try down the road.

Ask a Question