In this case, should I buy a Lumia 930?

Reaction score
Hello everyone,,
I have been thinking about buying a Lumia 930 to be my "street" daily driver. Thing is, I live in a kinda violent city back in Brazil, and I don't wanna have my S9 in my pocket in case someone tries and rob me. I study kinda nearby my place. Enough for me to walk, but far enough for it to be a kinda long walk. I also commute the must on foot or by bus, so yeah, not the safest.
I was then set out to find the best all round camera phone I could (I like taking pictures on the go), for the lowest price. I don't need many apps. WhatsApp, uber and email suffice. A solid camera would be nice, as I mentioned. So, I remembered my time with a Lumia 830 back in the day. I LOVED the OS (even the early releases of the 10 mobile) and loved the look and feel of the OS and device.
I need you to be sincere and tell me. Am I spending money solely for nostalgia, or is the 930 a good contender if I am just trying to communicate(calls, messages, WhatsApp and email) and take some pics? Oh and I should mention, it is going for 70 bucks.
Ps: is sideloading APK's(android apps) still a thing? If so, do you think I could install the apps I mentioned? Uber is not so much of a problem, given I can use the web version on edge.
Thanks for your input!

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I'm a long time user and strong supporter of Windows Phones, however....
Given the way the Microsoft has treated us, I wouldn't spend a dime on a Microsoft Phone.
Now having said that.....
For 70 bucks with that camera and other specs, I can't see passing it up.
As far as side loading APKs.... I don't know. They pretty much did away with Project Astoria, there's some info out there but none of it looks too easy.

Personally, I'll never buy another Microsoft hardware device.
Software / Operating System.... I'm OK with but no more hardware.

Ask a Question