DVD Case Template

Reaction score
Hello,
New to this forum and new to Windows 10.
Please see screenshot.
I compile music DVD's onto disc and when done I like to print out the contents and the DVD number as shown in the screenshot and then slide the paper into the DVD case so that I can see at a glance the contents of the DVD.
This particular example was done on an old Roxio Label Creator program which is now no longer compatible now that I've upgraded to Windows 10.
So what I'm asking is does Windows 10 have a program or app that I can use to print out what I described EXACTLY as seen in the screenshot - albeit with different songs and number - simple black and white DVD contents on A4 with the scissor cut lines.
Or do I need to buy a program such as Nero or Roxio ?

Attachments

• DVD 43.jpg
    DVD 43.jpg
    456.5 KB · Views: 559

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
I would check with Roxio for a compatible version for windows 10. You more than likely, where ever you get a compatible software that works on windows 10, you'll have to pay for it.

Like I said, I would start with Roxio's website first then check the MS store for an app.

Reaction score
I would check with Roxio for a compatible version for windows 10. You more than likely, where ever you get a compatible software that works on windows 10, you'll have to pay for it.

Like I said, I would start with Roxio's website first then check the MS store for an app.
OK thanks. I'd like to know for sure that there is nothing available within Windows 10 before having to buy.

Reaction score
I only use it for CD labels to be printed on the medium so I cannot comment on that..

Reaction score
I've studied the same situation over the years and mostly find such a template involves different types of colored or clear cases, the 'standard', the thin ones, the multiple disc case, the single black case and the black multiple disc case. The 'standard' case usually has to inserts, one in the lid and one under the removable tray. A work-around may be creating a table or text box in a word processor that can be typed in, leave the border on it to allow cutting. I have even played with a CD Labeling program to create the stick-on labels for the disc and the LightScribe [label burning] program, both can be quite time consuming. The LightScribe mostly wasn't of sufficient contrast on the coated discs made for the purpose.

Reaction score
I use the label designer only to create printable labels (paper) then export the design to a jpg file (which I can choose in different resolutions). I then use the jpg file in my labelprint program (Canon - came with the printer) to print directly on the CD/DVD. I do not make any inserts or booklets.
I too have tried Lightscribe but discontinued it as the labels do not last.
I wonder if MS Word has something like that as one can print Envelopes and labels with it (have not tried it yet)

Reaction score
I keep it simple and quick, I write on the jewel case inserts that are provided.
The topic reminds me of a saying/joke: The US, spent millions trying to develop a pen that would work for astronauts in space, the Russians use a pencil. LOL

Last edited:
Reaction score
I keep it simple and quick, I write on the jewel case inserts that are provided.
The topic reminds me of a saying/joke: The US, spent millions trying to develop a pen that would work for astronauts in space, the Russians use a pencil. LOL
Sorry, haven't a clue what you're talking about. Jewel Case Inserts ?? Provided ?? Provided by who or what ?

Reaction score
Most jewel cases the blank discs come in have a heavy paper in them with the warranty, instructions and maybe tips on use but usually have one or two sides of that insert with lines for writing, just as if it were a notebook.

A sample insert:

Image (4).jpg

Reaction score
This does not apply if you buy in bulk, the cases that is without the cd/dvd.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Sorry, haven't a clue what you're talking about. Jewel Case Inserts
this is old school language.....back then when you bought a CD/DVD case or pk of 5 they came with inserts that you could use, just like your attachment in your very first post. the same for VHSc and cassette tapes.

Provided ?? Provided by who or what ?
They were provided by the blank disc manufacturer.....Memorex and even HP got into it as well as a slew of others.

Then computer industry just exploded.....then you could buy software to make your own as you know. Then came light scribe which used mono gray colors to burn directly on the disc. This was provided by CD/DVD manufacturers and this never really took off. Probably because you had to buy special CD/DVD's.

Ask a Question