SOLVED DVD RW Drive appeared on my desktop from nowhere ..

Reaction score
When I looked at my desktop today, I had a new icon on there. It came from nowhere. It is a short cut to my Device Driver my DVD RW Drive. When I right click it won't let me delete the short cut. It's Windows 10 PC. Any help is appreciated. Cheers, Ken.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
We'll probably need some clarification and image containing the details tab of the item, such as the one I've attached below, might help with some answers.
It is a short cut to my Device Driver
A Device Driver is a file a short cut to that should be easily deleted
my DVD RW Drive
A DVD RW Drive is a physical device. Still a shortcut that simply points to that should also be easily deleted.
It's Windows 10 PC
Not sure if that means that you are working with a Windows 10 PC or that the shortcut is pointing to something called "Windows 10 PC"

Does the icon contain a typical arrow indicating a shortcut / lnk type file?
What happens when you try to delete it....
Do you get an error or message of any type with any mention of perhaps "why" you can't delete it?

Capture.PNG

Reaction score
Just a random thought!
You dont have a dvd sitting in the drive that you have forgotten??

Reaction score
@Trouble @davehc Heeeeeys Trouble and Dave. Omg, I didn't realize that I did not reply to your wonderful help. So sorry. I remember that I did get rid of it. Not sure how now. Never mind. Keep up your good work. Cheers. Ken ..

Ask a Question