Asuspro stuck on Please Wait after closing Lid when a DVD was playing

Reaction score
Was playing a DVD and shut the lid of my Win10 laptop. To start with only the Date and Latest Win 10 image came up - but nowhere to put my password in. No access to Startup option in right corner. So I tried switching on and off three times to boot into Safe Mode as suggested online but it is stuck. I am not very techy so nervous about trying anything else without help. I have the latest Win 10 updates. Laptop not used very often and was working fine.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Closing the lid on a laptop can be a bit of a crap-shoot, depending on how you have it configured in the advanced power management settings.
Likewise, pressing the power button can have varied results IF you are just pressing it briefly.
AND both can be further impacted depending whether the laptop is on AC Power or Battery.

You might want to start with ejecting the DVD.
To start with only the Date and Latest Win 10 image came up
That may be just the Lock Screen and is usually dismissed with a mouse click and gesture toward the top of the screen or with a simple strike of the spacebar.

AS a potential last resort you might want to try....
Removing the battery, removing any AC power adapter, pressing and holding the power button for a count of 30.
THEN, replace the battery, attach the AC power adapter and depress the power button and see what happens.
I am not very techy so nervous about trying anything else without help
I can understand and appreciate your hesitation and reluctance but if the current state of the laptop is "unusable", then....
You need to try something or else take it somewhere for some professional assistance.

Ask a Question