Windows update stuck

Reaction score
2019-01 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64-based Systems (KB4480966). Initializing...... This is what I get after 36 hours of trying to load the new update. In between it says it downloads (completes sometimes) and starts to install, but never gets past 25%. It once suggested a restart, but that did not change anything. I don't know what my next step would be.....?

Reaction score
Press the Windows and "i" keys simultaneously, click "Update and Security", "Troubleshoot" in the left window, then "Windows Update" in the right window.

Ben

Reaction score
Ben......did what you suggested. Errors found and supposedly fixed. Attempted fix in progress now. Will let you know result. Thanks.

Reaction score
Davehc !...this link would not let me load the stand-alone file....but with some digging, I found another and was successful! Thanks. I'm leery of older laptops that are running Win 7, 8, or 10 and don't keep updated and also do not like security problems. Thank you and Ben Myers for your help!!

Reaction score
the latest is 17134.556 (kb4480976) from January 15th,2019. It installed without a problem but I had to start it manually and not through WU...

Reaction score
2019-01 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64-based Systems (KB4480966). Initializing...... This is what I get after 36 hours of trying to load the new update. In between it says it downloads (completes sometimes) and starts to install, but never gets past 25%. It once suggested a restart, but that did not change anything. I don't know what my next step would be.....?
Try taking out the wifi card. I had the same issue for a year and took out the wifi card and it worked. Very easy to do. Unscrew the antenna in the back, remove the side panel, remove the one screw holding wifi card bracket in place, pull wifi card out. Then hook it up to your router and it will work.

Reaction score
Why dont you try to do system restore and then go ahead and install it directly from the linkgiven by @davehc , possible the the update package that is been downloaded and Executed is corrupted.

Ask a Question