Dell Inspiron 15 3567 laptop stuck on circle of rolling dots "preparing Windows" after Win 10 update

Reaction score
I got a message from Windows 10 two days ago (June 26, 2018) on my Dell Inspiron 15 3567 (brand new I bought it November 23 2018 but only opened the box to use it last month after Windows Update fiascos killed my last laptop) about the latest Windows 10 update. It forewarned that it'd take longer than the usual update so I started it. I was able to log off successfully after letting it do its thing. Yesterday night after work I started my computer at around 9:30pm. The update progressed albeit slowly (it took hours) but nothing could prepared me after the update % reached 100% and the laptop booted to the blue Windows screen with the rolling dots that says "Preparing Windows" would still be stuck there today, June 28, 2018 at 7:30am.

I am so furious. This is the second computer Windows 10 updates has messed up. Has this happened to anyone else? and if so how do I fix this? I have to go out and will leave the laptop running in the hopes that it will successfully complete the update while I'm gone but I know it's not going to happen.

Before this problem caused by the latest updatehappened I'd been getting this message and am wondering if the two are related so I am mentioning just in case:

"Windows Service Start Failure"

Cannot start service from the command line or a debugger. A Windows Service must first be installed (using installutil.exe) and then started with the ServerExplorer, Windows Services Administrative tool or the Net Sart command."

This is all greek to me and I'm PISSED

Please guys someone help me.

Sunny

Reaction score
Start the computer, wait ten or fifteen seconds, then press and hold the power button until the computer shuts down. Do this twice and the third time the computer should boot into the recovery environment.

Ben

Reaction score
If the system has an M.2 drive, you might check for a firmware update on the Dell site.

On a Dell system, the Support assist may override the Windows repair.

Your system has probably gone through two Win 10 build upgrades. Hopefully, you had plenty of room available on your OS partition for archives.

There is a Bios update from 15 June 2018 along with a bunch of other drivers.

If that system has AMD graphics, there were some problems with some AMD products in the Fall Creators upgrade.

You may want to visit the Microsoft community and check all the sticky posts. You may see some things relative to your situation.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...postedBefore=&threadType=all&tm=1472928691184

Reaction score
I am also wondering if you had made a Win 10 recovery drive while the system was stable? If you had, you could reset to factory with the Win 10 version installed at the time it was made.

I see you post in the Dell forum so will be watching there.

Reaction score
solicito ayuda para el controlador de pantalla tactil ya que al restablecer de fabrica lo borro y en dell soporte ya no aparece para este model inspiron 7537

Ask a Question