High Capacity Battery Pack for Dell Inspiron 5770 Laptop ... ?

Reaction score
I am having trouble finding a Battery Pack for my Dell laptop ..... I connected the Crave 50000mAh PowerPack to my Dell laptop today, but got an Error Message saying the battery pack was not compatible with my laptop. Must have at least 65W to power my laptop. My Dell laptop requires 19.5v. I think 20v would still be ok ? But not sure if only 19v would be sufficient ... ?

I have been searching on Amazon and Google .... and have found many battery packs and portable generators (that do not need to be plugged in to run devices), but do not know which ones, if any, will run my Dell laptop ....
Can you help me find the correct unit to power my laptop while camping ... ? I need something with enough juice to last several days .... also with several USB ports, at least one AC port.

Reaction score
Look at your Dell's ac adapter. How many amps does it supply at 19.5V ? Your portable unit needs to supply at least that many.
If your portable power has a 110v Ac socket then why not just take the Dell AC adapter and charge the laptops's internal battery every so often?

Is there a solar power unit that is Dell compatible? I know they make them for phones...but that would be only 5V.

I haven't been camping for decades ...in fact since before laptops and cellular phones were even invented...like 1975.

Reaction score
A 65W power supply usually provides about 4A at 19.2V. I looked up your Crave Powerpack and according to the specs it can only provide 3A on the 20V port which makes it about 60W. That is why your laptop is complaining.
One solution would be to get a converter (available for cars) that convert 12V to 110V AC. then use your laptop charger to charge the battery. The advantage of this solution is that you can use any 12V Battery to run your system (provided it has enough Ah's)...

Reaction score
There might also be a problem with the electronics in the power item. Modern laptops seem to be very concerned about having the correct power and be able to work with that particular system. If the Dell system does not recognize the electronics in might cry foul.

Do you see any devices on the Dell site for that system?

I just went to the Dell site to check and it seems to be in French? Those same links never showed French before!

Reaction score
Most Notebooks use either a 65W or 90W power adapter, some that need 65W can use the 90W IF the tips fit properly. The larger tips have a center pin where the small ones don't. Some AC adapters will use a 2-prong plug for the wall socket while some use a 3-prong plug, usually important to use the right one for the Notebook. Higher-capacity batteries can be had for some Notebooks, usually a 9-cell instead of the 6-cell but for portability they do add weight and will raise the back of the computer due to their thickness. Some BIOSes can identify if an incorrect adapter is used.

Reaction score
Do what Grizzly suggested. That is, use an automotive 12VDC-110VAC converter. they're cheap and will do the job. You will have to use your OEM Dell charging adapter as Dell Laptops have a third pin for identification and charging/temp control? The mobile inverters come in various sizes 75W-750W with 110VAC. and USB outlets.
Capture.PNG

Ask a Question