Where to get new screen for Dell Inspiron 13 5378?

Reaction score
I have a Dell Inspiron 5378 with a broken screen, so I need a new one. I have had trouble finding the correct screen, it seems that there are multiple types of screens for the same model of laptop. I removed my current screen by popping it out and removing the webcam, sensor board and connectors, but there is one orange circuit board on the screen that connects to the computer. I tried removing it,it is permanently connected to the screen and I can't find a screen with this board. Does anyone know where I can find a new one?

Reaction score
They are out of stock on the site you linked. I sent an email to Dell.

Also, does it make a difference which way you remove the old screen and install the new one? It says in the Dell service manual that you're supposed to remove the entire screen assembly from the laptop, but I was able to remove the screen by just popping out the bezel.

Reaction score
I would follow their advice as they are the ones that built it in the first place! :)

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Typically removing and replacing a laptop screen involves interface wires that traverse from the screen to the major components in the laptop base.
Wifi Antenna
Video Cable
Camera
Etc.
And generally should also involve the removal of the battery to prevent any unintended power during the repair.
https://www.parts-people.com/blog/2...8-p69g001-display-panel-removal-installation/
AND
https://www.parts-people.com/index.php?action=item&id=22985

The screen in the links I provided has a particular part number.
It is incumbent on you to confirm that, that is the part number required for the repair that you are considering.

Ask a Question