Windows 10 Dell Inspiron 24-5459 not recognizing D:\ Drive as Internal

Reaction score
As of a few days ago my internal D:\
(DVD/CD-ROM) drive was not recognizing any discs I put into it. I have 2 external LG Blu-ray portable drives and one of them is now recognized as D:\. How do I fix this so that the Internal DVD/CD-ROM drive is recognized as D:\ again? I have gone into the Device Manager and looked under DVD/CD-ROM Drives and the only ones present are my externals. I have also tried rebooting several times to no avail.

Please help!

Steve

upload_2017-7-20_1-20-42.png

Reaction score
The easiest way would be to open the "Administrative Tools" Near the bottom of the start menu)- "Computer Management", and then "Disk management"
If you right click each partition/Device in turn, you will see an option to change the letter designation. Work it through, using your own logic, to redesignate the different devices.

Reaction score
That only would work if the Device Manager sees it.
He has 3 optical drives & it only sees the 2 external USB ones.

Look in the BIOS to see if the internal drive is shown.

Reaction score
I am a Dell User. Just keep pressing the F2 key on boot up, and it will open the setup.
But, my original post, I think you may possibly see your DVD - without a letter designation, in the disk management. Only one reason, otherwise, why the bios would have lost it, and that would be faulty hardware.

Ask a Question