New Windows 10 Install on New 2TB Hard Drive .. Now Black Screen Dell M5030

Reaction score
Hi --

I have searched all of the forums and even the Microsoft forum to see if any of the suggestions given would solve my problem but they have not.

I purchased a new 2TB hard drive for my son's laptop and did a fresh install via USB that I downloaded from the Microsoft site.
Once I take the USB stick out it attempts to reboot. I get the Logo and then the circle at the bottom. It then goes to a black screen and does nothing. I have let it sit for an hour and still nothing. When I try to boot in safe mode it tells me it cant boot in safe mode because I need to complete the installation. So I press ok and it goes back to the black screen. I put the old hard drive back in and it works fine. So that tells me it has to be some type of driver issue?

When the computer goes black the hdd light doesnt light up so I am assuming that the hard drive is not spinning and there is no activity.

Has anyone else had this problem and if so how did you correct it.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

BTW .. its a Dell M5030

Reaction score
I found the solution ... for anyone else having this problem please refer to the following YouTube link ...

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing.
Excellent video. Glad you found a solution that worked for you.

Ask a Question