SOLVED dell Inspiron 17 Laptop Builtin camera not working

Reaction score
When I select "Camera" I get a white box, with one word printed in the upper left hand corner,"Camera". This appears for two seconds and then I am back to my desktop picture.
That's it.
It was works all right with Skype.

Last edited:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Open the Windows Store, Click your Account (top right corner) select Downloads from the menu and then the Check for Updates button.

Reaction score
Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately that was not the solution to the problem. The screen displayed the little "working" sign, and then disappeared, indicating no updates were available.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Been seeing a lot of issues regarding various "built in" cameras from various manufacturers (Bison / Chicony come to mind) having problems with Windows 10.
I would think that, as you've indicated, it works OK with Skype, then I'd just be patient and wait to see if perhaps there was an update from Dell for that specific camera for drivers that were perhaps more supportive of the new APIs in the new Camera Universal App.

Ask a Question