Windows 10 update stuck at 82%

Reaction score
upload_2018-1-20_19-3-41.png

Your device needs the latest security updates
Microsoft can't install important security updates on your PC until you install the most current version of Windows 10.

To ensure things go smoothly:
- Keep your PC plugged in.
- Don't turn your PC off or close it.
We're doing our work behind the scenes. Feel free to keep working, and we'll let you know when everything is done.

THIS KEEPS COMING UP.THE UPDATE NEVER GETS PAST 82% THIS HAVE HAPPENED AT LEST 8-10 TIMES INTHE LAST MONTH, CAN ENEYONE HELP??????? HOW TO GET IT TO FINISH UPDATE?????

玩转 Windows 10

无法联网?

[Edited by Moderator to remove hyperlinked image]

Attachments

• upload_2018-1-20_19-3-41.png
    3.7 KB · Views: 993
Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
I have much the same. I have now ok'ed 2018-01 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for x64-based Systems (KB4056892) several times, but it keeps telling me the status of the upgrade is "Awaiting restart" So I restart, and lo and behold, it is still "Awaiting restart" How do I get off this roundabout?

"Your device is at risk because it's out of date and missing important security and quality updates. Let's get you back on track so Windows can run more securely. Select this button to get going:" Update history tells it needs a restart.

Reaction score
My system had had this issue for over a week. I had spent the last few days researching and trying some 'tweaks' but to no avail. In the end I read and have done a successfull install from 1604 to 1709. So once the assistant failed again I did not 'retry' but loaded the update tool from this link https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/software-download/windows10. I disabled my Firewall and Anti Virus for upto 4 hours (I could 10min 30min 1hr etc for disabling). This was important because if I did not disable the Firewall or AV, then the system would restart and reenable my FW or AV again. Somehow my ESET AV software was not allowing all the updates through, but was carrying on the whole event kicking an error message out after 1.5 hours running. Absoulutely frustrating as I had noted it was impacting on my CPU and system responsiveness when 'hidden' and 'updating'. After 2 hours running with new o/s and doing restarts etc and was satisfied with the resultant 1709 build. I disk cleaned and found the update folder held 40GB of updates!! so all the unsuccessful updates seemed to have been held. Hope this helps.
Mitch

Reaction score
You might go to the link below for the update and read about some situations where the update might encounter problems. Perhaps type of processor or anti-virus could be involved and the update is not being allowed to installed. The situation with the Intel patch is causing some unrest in systems and Dell has removed some of its latest Bios Upgrades on their driver download site.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4056892/windows-10-update-kb4056892

Since I have not seen that message before, there may be some special circumstance involved.

Ask a Question