SOLVED Recurring "Popup" on Dell Windows 10 System - DU.CENTENNIAL LINK

Reaction score
I have been trying to resolve this continuing dilemma of a popup window saying I need an App to open this DU.Centennial Link, whatever that is. I have attached a few photos that may help you with answers before you ask the questions.

I have previously uninstalled the Dell program, Dell Command Update about a month ago. Of course, I have restarted the system many times since that happened.

I appreciate your time in reading this post and any responses you may post!

This is the Popup.
du.jpg

This is a list of the Dell Directory on the C: Drive
ThisPC.jpg

Lastly, this is a list of all installed Dell programs on this system.

Dell Programs.jpg

Reaction score
This is often posted. What you have done should have been sufficient.
However, do these two things to confirm.
1. Open the task manager and, under the startup tab, see if you have any Dell associates starting with the computer. If so, disable them
2. Open Settings - Apps. Scroll down the list and see if there are any Dell apps currently installed. If there are, my recommendation is to click them and accept the option to uninstall. I even did this with the touch pad App, tongue in Cheek - the touchpad still works fine.

Reaction score
to confirm what davehc said:

Reaction score
I did not really look at them thoroughly, just posted what I found on Google... ;)
:D:D

Reaction score
This is often posted. What you have done should have been sufficient.
However, do these two things to confirm.
1. Open the task manager and, under the startup tab, see if you have any Dell associates starting with the computer. If so, disable them
2. Open Settings - Apps. Scroll down the list and see if there are any Dell apps currently installed. If there are, my recommendation is to click them and accept the option to uninstall. I even did this with the touch pad App, tongue in Cheek - the touchpad still works fine.

I have the same issue with du. centennial popping up for last 3-5 days.....I checked task manager and there are 3 dell items in startup: Dell mobile connect and mobile connect Welcome are disabled already; the 3rd, Dell OSD application is ENABLED.
I have not disabled it yet--can you tell me what this application is for?
will it hurt anything if I disable?
should I uninstall it or just disable and see if that cures the problem?
MANY thanks for advice

Reaction score
Disable it. All it does is shows you Dell settings on screen. If, subsequently, all runs well, remove it.

Reaction score
DU.Centennial Link, = This is due to the Dell Updater). Consider going to Apps and Features and uninstalling the Dell Update apps and the Dell SupportAssist apps.

Ask a Question