SOLVED Recurring Driver Signature Issue

Reaction score
Over the past 10 days or so I cannot get a keyboard to consistently work on my computer due to a driver signature issue. The week before last I was working on a 2-year old HP desktop with Windows 10 and after I stepped away from the computer for an hour I came back to a blue screen stating that the computer was not able to boot. I had not attempted to reboot the computer so it must have done so on its own. I eventually had to do a reset, which removed all my programs and apps, but kept my data and settings.

After completing the reset and reloading all of my software the computer seemed to work fine for 4 days. Then one day when I booted the computer the keyboard would not work when I was required to enter my password. I was able to get in using the virtual keyboard. I was using the original usb keyboard that came with the computer. Once I got into the computer I plugged in another HP wireless keyboard and that worked. I do not like this HP keyboard so I went out and bought a wireless Logitech keyboard, plugged that in and it worked.

The next time I logged in with the Logitech keyboard it failed. I also went back and plugged in the wireless HP keyboard and it worked until I rebooted. So three keyboards all failed on many separate reboots. I then downloaded the Logitech driver from their website and the Logitech keyboard worked fine until about the third of fourth time I rebooted. Then nothing.

OK that's the long set up here are the critical details:

I started checking in the device manager after the keyboard failed and found that Windows was blocking the driver because it claimed it did not have a valid signature. It would do this with both the Logitech driver and HID Keyboard Device driver version 10.0.16299.15. (The HID driver is the Microsoft driver that came with the computer and has worked fine for 2 years.) I can get the keyboard to operate if I reload the Logitech driver or if I pull out the USB Device from the port and plug it back in Windows reloads the HID driver. However, once I reboot the computer I get the same signature error when Windows loads.

I have scanned the computer with Norton and found no viruses. There are no other drivers affected. When the computer crashed I ran diagnostics on all of the drives and hardware and came up clean. I also took the computer to Best Buy and they scanned all of the hardware and everything checked out. The only problem I am having is the driver signature on the keyboard.

The easy work around is to simply reload the driver each time I reboot, but frankly that is ridiculous. There has to be a way to fix this.

Someone please help.

Reaction score
Thanks. I am aware of that fix, but it is not permanent. You have to do that every time you reboot. It is easier to reinstall the driver every time. I am hoping for a permanent solution.

Reaction score
It turned out to be a key logging prevention software that I downloaded from one of the credit security companies that I signed up to monitor my credit. I removed the program and things have worked fine since.

Ask a Question