Get rid of popup saying low on disk space

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MamaG, Jul 19, 2018.

1. MamaG

MamaG

Is there any way to get rid of the pop-up warning that keeps (on and on and on) warning me that I am getting low on disk space? I've had at least two computer savvy techs to tell me that the warning has something to do with the way Win 10 partitions. They both checked my laptop and tell me that I have plenty of disk space. It's just annoying that it keeps popping up.

MamaG, Jul 19, 2018
    1. Advertisements

2. MamaG

Bighorn

Bighorn, Jul 19, 2018
    1. Advertisements

3. MamaG

Saltgrass

It sort of depends on which partition it is. There are some small, around 450 MB recovery partitions, which are having a erroneous drive letter placed on them and cause problems. If that is your situation, yes, very easy to correct.

Saltgrass, Jul 19, 2018
  4. MamaG

Jake B

Sometimes it's the system restore partition which is usually small and sometime people have issue when they accidentally copy file there.

Jake B, Jul 24, 2018
  5. MamaG

Bastet

Try this fix by DaveM from the Microsoft forum:
    It is the recovery drive, you are not meant to see it, it is not meant to have a drive letter, remove the drive letter and everything will return to normal:

Click your Start Button, type cmd, then right click Command Prompt and choose 'Run as Administrator'

Run this command and hit Enter

diskpart

select volume X (replace X with the drive letter of the recovery drive/drive that’s showing as full).

remove letter=X

Close Command Prompt and the problem will be resolved . . .

Bastet, Aug 1, 2018
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question