SOLVED How to get rid of former installation number?

Reaction score
Hi,

what I have done:
-> installed a vocabulary program from CD Version 0.0 -> updated that program via internet to version 0.128 -> deinstalled that programm

-> installed that program again from CD Version 0.0 -> problem now: try to update again, but not possible because Windows10 still assumes version 0.128 to be installed (which is not true)

The program is for Windows7 32 bit, but I have Windows10 64 bit. Is that the reason for the trouble?

How to get rid of the the former version number, so that I can now update that program?

Thanks for every hint.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
My question is; why did you uninstall it in the first place?

The program is for Windows7 32 bit, but I have Windows10 64 bit. Is that the reason for the trouble?
Yes...that could be part of the problem.

What is the softwares name and can you provide a screenshot of CD?

Reaction score
I had a problem with the sound.

upload_2018-6-30_0-15-37.png

Reaction score
My question is; why did you uninstall it in the first place?

Yes...that could be part of the problem.

What is the softwares name and can you provide a screenshot of CD?

I agree with that Yes. Windows 64-bit can run 32-bit programs but it's not the other way around, 32-bit Windows can run only 32-bit programs. On a 64-bit Windows the 32-bit programs get installed in C:\Program Files (x86) Folder. But trying to install 64-bit on 32-bit Windows always gives an error message.

Ask a Question