SOLVED Intel HD Graphics on Dell E6410 keeps updating and causing my screen to black out

Reaction score
Every morning my laptop upgrades and installs drivers for my video card and every morning my screen is black and i have to plug in a second monitor to see windows, i then roll back the driver and all is good again.

I have turned off in windows, auto driver upgrade but its still doing it.

Log file
Driver service added
Driver Management has concluded the process to add Service igfx for Device Instance ID PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0046&SUBSYS_040A1028&REV_02\3&11583659&0&10 with the following status: 0.

Device installed
Driver Management concluded the process to install driver igdlh.inf_amd64_493fbc0266680059\igdlh.inf for Device Instance ID PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0046&SUBSYS_040A1028&REV_02\3&11583659&0&10 with the following status: 0x0.

Intel does not will not help they do not support this device in Windows 10.

Any ideas

Thanks all:)

Reaction score
I just got a new Dell system which replaces a prior one due to problems with the Nvidia adapter. The original system came with the video being set to auto so it would switch between the Nvidia or Intel outputs. The new one came with the Nvidia chip set as primary with no switching capabilities.

If you have one of those types of systems you might take if off the Auto option and set one or the other adapter to primary.

I also saw this on the Dell site.

Product not tested for Windows 10 upgrade
Dell is not testing or developing Windows 10 drivers for this product. If you choose to upgrade, some features, applications, and connected devices may not work as expected.

Edit: The file mentioned should be located in the Windows\Inf folder. You can open it with notepad and read the description and see what types of devices it is for .. igdlh.inf

I don't seem to have that file.

Last edited:

Ask a Question