SOLVED Printer drivers on my Samsung laptop

Reaction score
I keep getting messages saying that the printer driver needs updating, yet the printer seems to function quite well apart from printing from Outlook.

My question is, which is the best download to correct this and how much will it cost me?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums, Iain.

There's no need to pay for any software or drivers, especially if it's working fine. Where does the message saying that you need to update your drivers come from? I wonder if this is a 3rd party app trying to trick you in to paying for something like Driver scanner/updater software.

Could you please upload a screenshot of the error message, as that should clarify things a little further. Here's a tutorial on taking a screenshot, if you've not done this before: https://www.windows10forums.com/articles/how-to-take-a-screenshot.22/

If it's a legitimate error, we can point you in the right direction for drivers (if you can let us know your printer make and model), and if it's not legitimate we can help fix the error message problem.

Reaction score
I'm not sending a screen shot as i have looked at the message a bit closer and it's coming from Reimage Repair. I seem to remember downloading this but can't remember if I paid anything for it. I certainly haven't paid a subscription recently. Do you recommend that I uninstall it?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Yes, I would ignore the suggestion to update the drivers and remove Reimage Repair - applications like that cause more problems than they are worth. They often make useless suggestions to update or fix things that aren't a problem, in an effort to charge money.

Ask a Question