RIP - Stan Lee

Reaction score
Legendary Marvel Comics creator Stan Lee has died

Stan Lee—the Marvel Comics legend responsible for cultural icons from Spider-Man and Iron Man to X-Men and Black Panther—has died, according to multiple reports from places like TMZ and The Hollywood Reporter.

THR spoke with a source that said Lee died early Monday morning at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles. TMZ spoke to Lee's daughter, J.C., who said an ambulance rushed to Lee's Hollywood Hills home early Monday morning to take him to Cedars-Sinai. That outlet noted Lee had suffered several illnesses over the last year or so, including dealing with pneumonia. Lee was 95 years old.

You can read the rest of the story here - https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2018...np5LKkCT6wvTZXoExH10V3ue9IvmwN211C91KY7_WvUi0

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
95 years and he certainly made the best of them.
Been a big fan since I was a kid. When comic books went from a dime to 12 cents. That extra two cents really cut into my budget.

Reaction score
I never knew much about him. I only started to know him by watching him play film parts. Parts in each of the films made from his comic book characters. Then it turned into an Easter Egg hunt, finding him in all the films.

Someone on my Facebook friends list mentioned they would like to see him digitized in all the future films. Some might would disagree. I think it would be great to continue giving him credit in a digital fashion.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
It was all him and Jack Kirby when I was a kid, Marvel Comics pretty much ruled only a few people read DC comics.
I had a giant cardboard box about half the size of a fridge that was full of comics, and then I went into the Army and when I came home 3 years later, my mom had pitched them all out.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
StanLee.jpg

Reaction score
As a child, I was always sticking my nose into both Marvel and DC comics. RIP Stan and thanks for all the great adventures. :):):):):)

Reaction score
Sorry, never heard of him. I know Marvel comics had been around, under a different name, for some years, but, by the time the superheros appeared, I was already a busy working adult.
Beano and Dandy fan, I'm afraid.

Reaction score
In a way I'm too young as comics started dying out during my generation. Less people were spending their time reading them. TV Cartoons were replacing the concept of reading books. Then we started migrating to PC and now phones.

Ask a Question