SOLVED Should You Store Your Data In The Cloud

Bif

Reaction score
Side note of sorts,
My ISP (Shaw) was having an issue with their inline filters for the email server resulting in thousands receiving a multitude of vulgar spam, long story short... contacting them one day and speaking with a tech rep I was surprised that with only my phone number and address I provided they had complete access to my emails!
No account# nor pin# was ever given...I should have known better as it's on their servers not unlike any other ISP or MS, Google etc..

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Side note of sorts,
My ISP (Shaw) was having an issue with their inline filters for the email server resulting in thousands receiving a multitude of vulgar spam, long story short... contacting them one day and speaking with a tech rep I was surprised that with only my phone number and address I provided they had complete access to my emails!
No account# nor pin# was ever given...I should have known better as it's on their servers not unlike any other ISP or MS, Google etc..
Hence my mention of Lavabit.....which led to the "Snowden files"......

Reaction score
I am not very fond of Cloud services as I do not know who else has access to it but myself. I use cloud services for some things I do not care if someone reads it or not (nothing personal) or they get lost. I always have a backup of it anyway.....

Bif

Reaction score
Perhaps I'll give it a try, with a bigger slingshot...

8a207cdd069e7ef931d27bd807c9e799--tech-humor-humour.jpg

Ask a Question