Snip & Sketch Tool Filename

Reaction score
He wants a custom file name from what I'm understanding. Which is sometimes what I do when I scan pictures, instead of using the default file name. The snipping tool would remember the last file name you used, and you could amend it from there without having to retype the whole file name.
Exactly....

Reaction score
I think it is a default Save location just as others are like Documents, Downloads, Videos, Music, etc. I try to Save As everything from the Web to a NAS drive so I can get to them from other computers, takes a few seconds longer but more convenient for me.
I have no issue with the save location

Reaction score
They won't return it to what it was. It's completely different than it was at the original release of Windows 10. They continue to "improve" their apps until they are over complicated or completely broken. That's what Microsoft does. That's why I use 3rd party apps for most everything I do. The snipping tool is really the only native Windows app I actually use, other than Defender.

Reaction score
I 'solved' the problem using a similar file name.

What I did is when saving, the NAME is already hilighted. Since I always save as a similar file, I just click on the keyboard the first letter of the intended save (assuming you already have a saved file with that, and I get a list to choose from. In my case I had been using 'CAPTUREx.JPG' as the saved names. So I press C and I get a list and select the one I want or pick one to edit if I need a new one.

Ask a Question