Titles of songs in Windows explorer

Reaction score
Dear all,
I have used Windows Media Player for converting my CD into MP3, all titles and authors of the songs have been found in Windows Media Player. This is the great part. However, some titles and authors do not appear in Windows Explorer and do not also appear in other external players. It is annoying.
Anyone has the solution?
Many thanks

Last edited:
Reaction score
If by "convert" did you mean using the Rip process in WMP? I have a lot of songs I've Ripped over the years to .mp3 format. They are all copied to a USB drive and haven't seen the exact issue but I do have a few Rips that don't show any names, just generic track numbers and Track which I attribute to how the CDs were created. I also have some Ripped albums that do not show the image as other Rips do.

Reaction score
Thanks for your comment. Yes, I meant Ripped as you said.
Yes, as you said, generic "track 1" / "track 2" ... appear in the players as well as in Windows Explorer...

Reaction score
It can be frustrating in not having full information for the files, I have folder with 300 songs from a thing my daughter did years ago for music for a class reunion, none of them have the information. In this case they were all ripped to a USB drive and used by a DJ they had hired, naturally she lost the printed list. Also, the loss of the data can happen when ripping single tracks instead of the whole album, apparently involves how the original was created, I'd guess it's where the metadata is stored.

Ask a Question