The Latest Microsick's latest Downgrade Disabled my Photoshop

Reaction score
Photoshop isn't Freeware. I paid for it. I am becoming quite tired of these #@!% "updates". When I tried to open Photoshop, I got this message:

"Unable to continue because of a hardware or system error. Sorry, but this error is unrecoverable."

I uninstalled it, used CCleaner to get rid of the junk that's left over after an uninstallation. Then I reinstalled Photoshop. Same thing.

Any ideas?

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
How do I find out which version I have? This is a home computer three years ago. Is that the version? If not, how do I find out the version?

I get the same updates that everyone else complains about when big updates are allowed to escape into the wild.

I'm also getting changes to my Word 2010 (layout changes, function changes, etc.).

Reaction score
He's asking what version of the Photoshop suite you're using. I'm running an old CS2 version, for example. You need to be as specific as possible if you want a precise answer. Otherwise we're just guessing at what you mean.

Reaction score
Hi PB,

you say the computer is 3 years old so I can only assume that the version you have of your Adobe app is somewhat old(er). With regard to Win 10, press the Windows logo key + r and type "winver" and paste your screenshot like mine below please. You should be on version 20H2 (2009). If you don't have that version, please upgrade and try your Adobe app again, even going as far as a fresh install of the app!. :)

1614244847864.png

Ad

Advertisements

T_J

Reaction score
I ordered a Windows 7 Dell Desktop in 2012 from Dell website. OEM installed (for free) Adobe Photoshop Elements 9 / Premiere Elements 9 and Microsoft Office Starter 2010. This Dell desktop has gone thru Windows 10 update(s)/upgrade(s) since Feb 2016, and currently has 20H2. [Clean Install would lose OEM installed Photoshop & MS Office Starter 2010]
I use Photoshop E9 and Word 2010 a lot (today's print screen below); and haven't noticed any software interface changes. Dell received 2 Microsoft Office 2010 Quality Updates (12/24/20; 2/3/21).
Restoring an image will occasionally get rid of software problems. I use Macrium Reflect 7 (free version).
USE-this-one.jpg

Last edited:

Ask a Question