Windows 10 wil not reset after latest update.

Reaction score
I am trying to reset win10 using the recovery option but it keeps asking for my installation media after the latest update. Win 10 upgraded from win 8 so the only instal media I have is for win 8 and that isn't working. After the upgrade when I try and download pics from my galaxy S9+ it freezes at 5600pics and have not uploaded to my pc that I can find.Grrrrrr. can anyone help please.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Resetting your system is pretty drastic unless you have a major problem. Considering the message you are getting, you might try opening an Administrative command prompt and running the command below.

SFC /scannow

If it shows errors which could not be corrected, try the command below.

Dism /online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Downloading so many pictures from a phone might be a problem with storage space on your system. Is you system capable of large video files considering the processor and memory and do you have plenty of storage space available both before and after the files are loaded.

Reaction score
Resetting your system is pretty drastic unless you have a major problem. Considering the message you are getting, you might try opening an Administrative command prompt and running the command below.

SFC /scannow

If it shows errors which could not be corrected, try the command below.

Dism /online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Downloading so many pictures from a phone might be a problem with storage space on your system. Is you system capable of large video files considering the processor and memory and do you have plenty of storage space available both before and after the files are loaded.
Thanks for your reply, There appear to be 5000+ pics on my phone but most are history and already on the pc so I only want to download 15 or so pics but windows/samsung seem to have to download every pic and then I choose to instal only the ones I want. It takes ages and if I am doing something wrong please advise.Space on my pc is not a problem. I'll try your suggestions and keep you posted, thanks again.

Ask a Question