Windows Sandbox will not start

Reaction score
Toshiba Portege Z935-P390, Windows 10 Pro 18362.239 (1903), VT-X and VT-D both enabled in BIOS version 6.90, Windows Sandbox added through Programs and Features in Control Panel. Windows Sandbox should work, right?

Attempting to open Sandbox, I get a Flashscreen (see screenshot). The flashscreen remains on the screen forever and the application never opens. There is NO ERROR MESSAGE. The only thing I can do is close the flashscreen by right clicking on the icon on the taskbar.

The first attempt to repair this was to remove the application in Programs and Features, reboot, and then add it in again in Programs and Features, and Reboot. This did not help ... same problem.

Does anybody have any other ideas? Thanks

Attachments

• Annotation 2019-07-16 140614.jpg
    Annotation 2019-07-16 140614.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 202
Reaction score
I know some had issues after one of the CU's. But they all through up an error message. I haven't seen anyone have issues where it didn't with no error message. KB4497936 seemed to be the issue with that.

Reaction score
I'd seen mention of KB4497936 before, and it apparently (I searched) not on this laptop, so that is not the problem.

I have 10 Windows 10 machines, one is in the "fast ring" for Windows Insider updates. I noticed on the latest update that there a Sandbox "issue" affecting some, not most machines and that MS is currently working on that. This Portege is not that Windows Insider machine, but it may be having the "issue"mentioned. I can find nothing on the internet about it. At any rate, thankfully, the issue is only with the Portege and not with any of the others.

So, if you see or hear anything about this , please let me know. I'd like all my machines to work with Sandbox. It is a great feature.

Reaction score
I will. I did a search too and couldn't find anything. All the ones I saw affected were insider versions. I have one on the slow ring but don't have sandbox installed on it.

Ask a Question