SOLVED Windows Update

Reaction score
I thought that whenever I performed a Windows update that it would result in my being totally up to date. This morning that does not seem to be the case. I have initiated updates three times now. That is to say I have done update downloads s followed by successful installs only to find that there are more updates available.

Am I doing something wrong.

Right now, I have an update to 1903 in process of downloading.

This is on my Microsoft Surface (not this computer).

Reaction score
Updates can show up now at several times during a month. The procedure now is for it to let you know one is available for download and ask approval first.

Recently, there have been several Servicing Stack updates which may be required prior to certain updates being installed. Perhaps that is why your are seeing updates not being offered until a prior one has been installed.

Reaction score
It has helped a lot, imo, that they only now use the UUP's. Lessens the risk of something being unnecessarily changed

Reaction score
I believe that I am now updated. This computer has not been online in quite a log time. As I look at the sequence of updates, it appears that the older updates had to be done before the later could be. This computer is now running WinVer 1903, Build 18362.239. It has gone through a long string of updates flawlessly despite the fact that it took about four hours.

Ask a Question