Windows 10 Home 1903 - Pause Updates

T_J

Reaction score
My 2012 Dell desktop Windows 10 Home > Windows Updated/installed 1903 on May 31.
- The default may be (?) 'Pause updates for 7 days; visit Advanced options to change the pause period'.
- Advanced options > 'Temporarily pause updates from being installed on this device for up to 35 days.'
Any suggestions on number of days to select?
2012 Dells few update problems were solved by turning OFF some McAfee features during Windows 10 major updates.

Last edited:

T_J

Reaction score
I've only had HOME, 1903 for a few days. Found out today that Updates are not paused UNLESS you click on 'Pause updates for 7 days' or 'Advanced options' (to change the pause period).

Reaction score
That would strictly be up to you and would need to consider how you use the machine. I don't delay updates and haven't any problems, mainly because I need to see what my clients see and it helps to stay current.

Reaction score
My 2012 Dell desktop Windows 10 Home > Windows Updated/installed 1903 on May 31.
- The default may be (?) 'Pause updates for 7 days; visit Advanced options to change the pause period'.
- Advanced options > 'Temporarily pause updates from being installed on this device for up to 35 days.'
2012 Dells few update problems were solved by turning OFF some McAfee features during Windows 10 major updates.

Ask a Question