Turtle Beach Earforce x12 Headset

Reaction score
My son has a decent Alienware laptop which he uses mainly for gaming. Windows 10 did an automatic installation last week and caused a number of issues most of which we have now solved.

The remaining problem is the Turtle Beach Headset which is not recognised under W10. The device has headphones and a microphone mouthpiece. There are 3 connectors – 1 headphones, 2 microphone and 3 USB power feed.

We have tried the maker and Alienware but so far no results. I think we have the right drivers installed and wonder if this is to do with settings in Device Manager.

Can any one advise how to set this up please?

Reaction score
According to the Turtle Beach website the X12 will not appear in the sound settings or in Windows. Does the headset work? Don't know if I am allowed to post a link here. But you can check this info out on the Turtle Beach website under X12 and then knowledge base.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Don't know if I am allowed to post a link here
IF a posted link is intended to help another member with a problem, then it is absolutely allowed and encouraged.
The only problem we have with links are for commercial ads directing members and guests to purchase one product or another. Those may receive some extra scrutiny and be edited or deleted by staff.

Reaction score
IF a posted link is intended to help another member with a problem, then it is absolutely allowed and encouraged.
The only problem we have with links are for commercial ads directing members and guests to purchase one product or another. Those may receive some extra scrutiny and be edited or deleted by staff.

Ok thank you. I will remember this for the future.